Domiciliary Care / Homecare, Community Living Policies & Procedures
The Cared4 brand is recognised as being among the leading domiciliary care, community and supportive living quality management systems available to providers in the social care sector. Cared4 has now been on the market for more than 20 years. The system has been developed through the knowledge of inspection, research, and management of domiciliary care and community living services.
The Cared4 quality management and compliance system is the end product of substantial research within a wide range of local authority and independent sector providers. Staff who actually work in this field contributed their knowledge of best practice to the development of the system.
The policies and procedures follow best practice in a sequential format and therefore each stage of the procedure is clear to staff. As a result, Cared4 can be seen as much more than a domiciliary care quality management system but also as a training resource for staff. It enables managers to give new staff policies and procedures commensurate with their role. It is based on best practice and the CQC Fundamental Standards so that staff gain an understanding of quality of care from their induction at the outset.
The Cared4 system is comprehensive, and the policies and procedures comply with the requirements of the CQC Fundamental Standards and the Key Lines of Enquiry.
The system contains some unique features include:
- Cross referencing of policies and procedures to each KLOE prompt to ensure you comply to the KLOE requirements.
- Organised documentation that is easy to present to CQC inspectors.
- Prompts for staff when they need to report concerns to their line manager when visiting a person’s home.
- Policies on culture, values, ethos and good governance.
Given the track record and background to Cared4 and those involved in its development you can be sure that you are investing in a system that will give you and your staff confidence in delivering quality care services, and demonstrating to CQC inspector’s compliance to requirements.
Bettal is so confident about Cared 4 meeting the CQC Fundamental Standards and the Key Lines of Enquiry; that should an inspector require a document that is not in our system we will create it for you free of charge.
Over 100 domiciliary care and community based services have achieved registration using the Care4 system in the past year, giving you the assurance that you will be investing in a system that delivers quality services that complies to the requirements of the Care Quality Commission.
The Domiciliary Care Cared 4 package includes:
- 2 ring binders containing 69 policies, 86 procedures and 121 forms customised with the name of your service.
- Access to our on-line system via our myCared4EQMS electronic platform which mirrors the hard copy documentation, and enables you to view change print and archive your documents.
- Free update service.
- Free advice on how to achieve registration.
Former Principle Inspector and Fellow of the Chartered Quality Institute